The CFD Trainer’s Course is a two-day, intensive program designed for an L1 Trainer who wants to offer a practical, contemporary and relevant personal defense solution for their clientele or affiliate without deviating from CrossFit methodology.
This course focuses on the S.P.E.A.R. Systems drills and skills required to develop mental, physical and tactical strength and endurance, as well as how to teach these skills to clients or at an affiliate. The CFD Trainers Course adds diversity to ones programming and more importantly, enhances the safety of ones athletes.
The S.P.E.A.R. System is an empirically researched personal defense method. It is based on the unparalleled speed of the startle-flinch response, combined with the bodys strongest biomechanical position of the arms in order to create a barrier between a defender and an opponent. This position, known as Outside 90, serves as a bridge for the next tactic. Attendees also learn the psychology and fear management skills that underpin the S.P.E.A.R. System.
The CFD program is based on sound kinematics and makes use of many CrossFit movements that mimic combative movement. This makes the program simple and effective without getting sidetracked with rituals commonly found in martial arts.
On completion, participants will be able to create training programs that combine the CrossFit philosophy of using functional movement that is both elemental & fundamental to survival with CFD movements for warm-ups, cool-downs, and specialty sessions. Sample lesson plans and workouts and seminar content are made available to participants.
Course graduates learn and receive:
- Pre-load videos of the essential drills and skills that participants need to demonstrate to successfully graduate the course. These are reviewed in detail, but it is essential for participants to review them prior to the 2-day course.
- Intense review of the fundamental skills via drilling, teach-backs, testing and demonstrating.
- Multiple combative and defensive drills for single and multiple opponent scenarios.
- Ideas on how to design defensive and combative workouts.
- Detailed information on equipment use and safety.
- CFD warm-ups, cool-downs, sample lesson plans to use in weekly or mini specialty sessions at an affiliate (received upon completion).
- Access to a private forum for discussion and online interaction amongst other CFD coaches to benefit from lessons-learned and best-practices.