CrossFitters train for the unknown and unknowable, but elite fitness does not guarantee personal safety. Athletes are taught close quarter skills combined with fun, dynamic, and effective drills that are extremely effective for anyone of any age who may have to defend themselves.
The Athlete’s Course: a one-day course designed for the CrossFitter who is looking to increase his or her awareness and personal-defense skills. Taking the course provides participants with skills to put into practice immediately.
The CFD Athlete’s Course teaches participants to:
- Detect and avoid danger by improving awareness and make practical tactical choices regarding personal safety.
- Defuse and de-escalate common conflicts and position oneself for a morally and legally tactical position.
- Use physiology-based skills and drills for self-protection.
- Understand the relationship of the extensor muscles and core stabilization as it pertains to personal defense.
- Learn fundamental S.P.E.A.R. System drills and tactics.
- Apply core-to-extremity principles for personal defense.
- Use CrossFit movements that mirror simple and effective combative movements.
- Learn how to use and incorporate common CrossFit equipment to develop combative skills.
- Add variety to ones CrossFit workouts.
- Identify and manage fear.